- Keep attendance
- Let the class know your reason if you can’t attend
- Attendance accountability will be in committees?
- Fewer events at a time (check Elon’s schedule)
- Start a video campaign to put out the word
- Focus on external publicity (community)
- Planning ahead (cultural calendar)
- Making more personal invitations
- Holding a panel discussion for increased student engagement
- Not having a symposium, but having speakers once a month
- Finding ways to get other Pericleans to come to our events
- Having a committee that manages speakers/ rearrange committees
- Take minutes at Tuesday meetings– any volunteers?
- Tuesday meetings: Gloria and Priyanka can’t make it. EVERY ONE ELSE SHOULD BE THERE!
- Wednesdays are more academic-based
- Partnering with other campus organizations to bring speakers onto campus
- Once a week, a classmate could share a short description of cool things about Appalachia they saw
- Research project ideas: Classmates will start presenting on research? Find ways to connect individual research into communal research projects that contribute to the field? Partner with people in Whitesville on a publishable research project?